Agents and Groups tour only
This tour showcases the very best of Queensland. From tropical Islands to the real outback.
We explore, rainforests and gemfields
We marvel, in the history of our countries ancestors and true traditional outback characters
We absorb, in what can only be described as, natures wonderland
Enjoy the comforts of a 28 seat coach and small passengers numbers which makes for an enjoyable personalised tour.
- Paddle wheeler Sunset and dinner cruise
- Waltzing Matilda Centre
- Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum
- Cobb & Co stage coach ride
- Harry Redford Comedy Show and Billy Can lunch
- Whip cracking and Sheep mustering
- Australian Stockman’s Hall of fame
- Qantas museum
- Desert Dreaming Centre experience inc corroboree and dinner
- Tree of knowledge
- Commentary on the culture of the Australian Aboriginal
- Fossicking for Sapphires, Opals and Gold
You may decide to arrive in days leading up to the tour and explore this amazing place or relax with a good book. Guests arriving on the day will be picked up at the airport and all other guests will be picked up at there accommodations
Once all guests are onboard we will make out way to our first amazing place
The Qantas Museum – This is where Qantas was born. The museum tells the story of Australia’s national airline, from its early days in Outback Queensland to present day. Characters of the early Qantas days, their pioneering spirit and the impact the airline had for all Australians, is brought to life through life size exhibits, historical artefacts and interactive displays including the National Heritage Listed Qantas Hangar.
An evening of delight – Thompson River Sunset cruise with a campfire dinner on the paddle wheeler – Board the only paddle-wheeler west of the Great Divide and enjoy an adventure to the heart of outback tradition and legend. Ashore we enjoy a traditional stockman’s camp-fire dinner. This is the real outback experience with inspiring and humorous traditional entertainment featuring the barefoot bush poet
Meals – Dinner
Overnight – Longreach
Explore the regions highlights
- Waltzing Matilda Centre in Winton, Outback Queensland tells the story of Waltzing Matilda, a song that lives in the hearts of all Australians as our unofficial anthem and the first museum in the world dedicated to a song.
- The Australian Age of Dinosaurs Museum is home to the largest collection of Australian dinosaur fossils in the world. Experience a world class tour with passionate museum tour guides. The tour includes preparation laboratories where a team of staff and volunteers bring these fossils back to life. We then go to the collection room where you are shown the best exhibits which are brought to life. A tour of dinosaur canyon which is a world class attraction set amongst white gums and cycads. Finish the day with drinks and nibbles over looking the surrounding area as the sun sets followed by a BBQ dinner
Breakfast and dinner
Overnight – Winton
Today we make our way back to Longreach and enjoy the day rich in history and outback culture
- Cobb & Co stage coach ride – Live the past with all your senses as you ride the old Longreach-Windorah mail route. Hear the pounding hooves of the magnificent horses on the outback dirt road. Hear the rattle and creak of the coach. Hold on to your hat for the only stagecoach gallop in Australia!
- Harry Redford comedy show with a bill can lunch. A comedy with real outback humour.
- The Australians Stockman’s hall of fame live show and Dinner – Wonder through the themed galleries, each one depicting an important aspect of our pioneering history. Then bring the experience to life with a Stockman’s life live show. Highlighting sheep mustering, whip cracking and outback humour with a musical touch of outback song to bring the atmosphere alive. Enjoy an amazing outback style dinner
Overnight – Longreach
Today we make our way to Barcaldine passing through Ilfracombe with an amazing line up of historic machinery stretching over one kilometre known as the ‘Great Machinery Mile’ We will call into the Wellshot Hotel for morning tea; an exceptional historic outback pub standing exactly as it was established over 120 years ago.
Our first stop in Barcaldine is the Desert dreaming centre. Here will will take part in a message stick work shop. Where tribal visual art meets the spoken word
Using tribal knowledge behind the meanings of colour and material, create your very own meaningful and purposeful Message Stick that tells your story as a unique gift to yourself or a loved one.
The evening we will return to the Desert Dreaming Centre – an aboriginal experience with dinner, Corroboree and a tour of the Tree of Knowledge. This tree grew outside the Railway Station for about 180 years until 2006 when sadly, it was poisoned by an unknown culprit. The famous tree has been preserved and placed under an award winning structure that gives the illusion of a canopy over the Tree. The best view of the Tree and the memorial is at night when it is beautifully lit by special lighting. A visit at night will be a highlight of your trip.
Breakfast and dinner
Overnight – Barcaldine
Today we find ourselves in the heart of the Gemfields, Rubyvale and try our hand at fossicking for sapphires. Take delight in searching for that once in a life time find. You never know, today just might be your day
Overnight – Clermont
We will make our way down the great dividing range, passing through the the Pioneer Valley filled with endless sugar cane fields until we reach Mackay.
Time for farewells as the bus makes its way to the train station or airport. Remember, although your on your way home, memories and possibly the dust on your boots, will last forever.
Meals – Breakfast
Prices and Bookings
Book with Confidence, Guests requesting a cancelation due to Covid will be issued a full refund for any tours booked with Reef N Beyond.
6 Day / 5 Night Tour
$1,990 per person twin share, $500 single supplement (agents nett rates for groups 24-28)
Tour departure dates are
Experienced Driver Guide & Airport Transfers
Tour commences in Longreach
Tour concludes In Mackay
Return airport or train transfers
Snacks and beverages are not included.
Optional gratitude’s / tipping
On some occasions it may be necessary to change the itinerary due to availability or other circumstances beyond our control. Alternate destinations or swapping of days may occur if all other options have been exhausted
On some occasions it may be necessary to change the accommodation place due to availability or other circumstances beyond our control. Alternate accommodation will be booked.